At WHP we regularly represent the employer, performing what would normally be regarded as the employer's responsibilities. This key role is to ensure that our client's requirements are met and the key parameters of cost, quality and programme are achieved.
Our approach is inclusive and encourages collective ownership of any issues, although ultimately we recognise that the need to ensure that the client's objectives are met is paramount and that all the team must honour their commitments in that regard.
Our service enables clients to manage their property portfolio by pre-planning activities to establish property needs, review their property portfolio and implement projects to meet the strategic requirements. The exact service would be tailored to meet the specific client's needs and whether the Client or constructor was leading the design process. Coupled with a thorough understanding of the development process, commercial awareness and genuine interest in the projects for which we are appointed, our service is dynamic and pro-active. Achieving the Client's objectives would be of paramount importance.
Services we can include:
- Acting as Client's Representative throughout the project
- Establishing the building brief, preparing Employer's Requirements and obtaining tenders
- Evaluating and reporting on tenders received
- Preparing contract documentation
- Providing cost advice and budgetary control from initial feasibility to completion
- Dealing with Statutory Undertakers
- Construction contract administration
- Chairing project and site meetings
- Issuing post-contract changes
- Issuing practical completion certificate
- Dealing with final accounts
- Resolving post-completion matters